It is with great sadness we report that our friend and comrade, Fellow Worker Gaia Pope, a founder-member of Dorset IWW, has passed away in circumstances yet to be revealed.
We extend our condolences to her family and all who knew her. We are all the worse for her loss.
Please come to Swanage tomorrow 18/11/17 at 12:00, there is going to be a line search of the area.
People are being asked to self-organise as much as possible.
1) Durlston Country Park car park: BH19 2JL (South Swanage)
2) King George’s Playing Field car park (main beach car park): BH19 1PW (Swanage town centre)
3) Day’s Park car park: BH 19 1NN (North Swanage)
From the organisers:
“There will be at least one central organiser at each of these sites. We will have maps with a rough grid system. From there, we will be asking you to form long lines with approximately two feet between each person. We will then comb the area looking for any and every sign, clue, or piece of information we can find.”
We have every hope that Gaia is still with us, for the sake of her family and friends, we need to eliminate the alternatives.
AN INJURY TO ONE IS AN INJURY TO ALL.
A search is underway for Gaia Pope who went missing on 7/11/17 from Argyle Road, Swanage. She is a 19-year-old female with long blonde hair, blue eyes, medium build and 5ft 7 inches tall. Last seen wearing white shirt with red details, grey leggings, white trainers. Gaia suffers from severe epilepsy so she may in distress.
Please help if you can.
Timeline of Gaia’s movements:
3:35 Gaia left her aunt’s house on Argyle Road, Swanage
3:39- 3:40 CCTV footage shows Gaia running towards Manor Gardens
4:00 Gaia left the address in Manor Gardens on Morrison Road
Obtain printed copies from:
- The Purbeck Gazette 17b Commercial Road Swanage Dorset BH19 1DF. (9am – 5pm)
- The Flirt Cafe 21 The Triangle, Bournemouth BH2 5RG
- Rivera Hotel and Apartments Reception Burnaby Road, Alum Chine, Bournemouth, BH148JF
- Poole central library, Dolphin Centre, Poole, BH15 1 QE
- The Lord Wimeborne Pub 59 Lagland Street Poole BH15 1QD
- 20 South Street, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4LT
Co-ordinate searches and other activity here